Lots of great content from this past week. Here are five tidbits worth sharing:
- Your New Best Friend, Social Networking in the First Year Experience (Part 1), from the folks at Swift Kick Central. Talks about how while so many organizations are busy reacting to social media and fixating on the tools, “[t]he only fix … is anchoring initiatives in goals. Only then can we measure results for future optimization. Only then can we evaluate a new tool against our goals. Only then can we learn.” I couldn’t agree more.
- 10 Ways to Make your Facebook Page Sing. Solid guidance from Stamats’ Fritz McDonald.
- The Social Web is a Horse Race, writes Brad J. Ward. Who are you betting on?
- Literally, this guy thinks outside the box as though it’s in his DNA. Dennis Miller writes about the words and phrases he’d like to throw under the bus.
- A friend of the devil? Dead Heads with history degrees, take note: The University of California, Santa Cruz is seeking an archivist for its collection of Grateful Dead materials.
And finally, your fortune for today:
Obey the cookie.