Happy Friday, readers. Yes, it’s only Thursday, but I’m taking the day off tomorrow (don’t hate!), so this is an early Friday Five.
Off we go to the wonderful world of contextless links.
- CNN asks, How can we cope with information overload?, and notes that some entrepreneurs are trying to help by creating new apps and tools to help us filter out the data junk and get exactly what we want (via @steverubel).
- Speaking of information overload, I uploaded a new slidedeck about social media, from a presentation I gave to some folks at the university where I work.
- If you don’t yet receive Karine Joly’s Higher Ed Experts e-newsletter, you’re missing out on some good stuff. It’s the highlight of my Tuesday morning. Join HEE and sign up for it. You won’t be sorry.
- The future of journalism is…Radiohead? (via @mediabistro).
- Searching for Comedy in Higher Education, a wonderful blog post by Tracy Mueller.
Enjoy your weekend.