Nope, I’m not at SXSW either. I’ve never been. Probably never will go. It happens to fall right around the time of the busiest event on our campus, the annual St. Pat’s Celebration, and I pretty much need to stick around campus for the duration of the event.
But just because we can’t attend doesn’t mean we can’t experience it vicariously. Here are a few resources to help you out:
- The obvious portal for all things SXSW is the official website. But that’s kind of routine, no?
- The #SXSW hashtag on Twitter will clue you in to all the cool things happening there, and all the cool things the cool kids are doing in Austin. But you’ll soon tire of all the chatter about the cool hangouts you’ll never go to and the cool people you’ll never meet.
- Click through relevant Slideshare presentations, like this one on Universities in the “free” era (h/t to Delicious power user Mark Greenfield for sharing this).
- If it’s the music you’re missing out on, download a couple of free SXSW samplers from Amazon and NPR.
- Tune out the real SXSW altogether and focus your attention on the fake SXSW — “the virtual get together where you don’t have to leave your home in order to attend. You can host a panel. post your handle or smoke your sandal.”
- Finally, follow along on the fakest of SXSW adventures: Todd Sanders‘ SXSW imagication. Start with Day 1 and work your way along with Todd.