1. Facebook’s play to take over the entire Internet (via @Newsweek).
2. Another take: Facebook’s ambition (via @scobelizer).
3. Local “hometown” news stays in print, not online. According to this readMedia study (via @amymengel).
4. Time to cancel your Twitter account? “The internet is dynamic, fragile, and designed to lose things. The internet has probably forgotten more about you than it remembers.” (Via @alumnifutures.)
5. Don’t be a poseur (via @area224, who apparently thought this New Year’s Day post was good enough to retweet some 3-plus months later, and it was).
Bonus link: Just sayin’ (via @mkgdouchebag).