If there’s ever a day of the week where I can eke out a little bit of time to catch up on all those important-but-not-urgent, quadrant 2 activities, it is usually Friday. Alas, not this week. Too many meetings and deadlines.
But just in case you’ve got free time on your hands and are looking for some things to do, here are five:
1. Complete Karine Joly’s social media and web analytics survey. If you complete the survey, you’ll receive an executive summary. But do it now. The survey closes on April 18.
2. Learn about Facebook Groups for Schools. It’s the latest curveball Facebook has thrown at us. And just when we were finally figuring out the timeline. Mashable provides a little more context.
Meanwhile, I’m waiting for one of our highered social media ninjas to give us the lowdown on how this will all work. Any takers? Update: Georgy Cohen shares in the comments below that Ma’ayan Plaut of Oberlin wrote about her web team’s experience as beta testers for the groups. So, we have our higher ed ninja after all — and a beta-testing ninja at that.
3. Prep for your next face-to-face meeting with this nifty body language decoder infographic from Lifehacker. Thanks to Debra Sanborn for the tip.
4. Check out the top 100 branding experts to follow on Twitter, according to Evan Carmichael.
5. Get creative this weekend with one of these nine easy ways to generate creative ideas.
Enjoy your weekend.
3 thoughts on “Friday Five: To-do list edition”
Ma’ayan Plaut from Oberlin had a beta of FB Groups for Schools and shared a writeup on her department’s blog:
That’s great! Thanks for sharing Ma’ayan’s post, Georgy!
Thanks for adding the blog post, Andrew! Love to talk more with anyone who’s beginning to work with this new feature.