It’s Memorial Day weekend. Time to get away for a long weekend. So I’ll be brief. Here are five multimedia-centric resources and gems from the realm of higher ed and marketing/PR.
- Ron Bronson videoblogs, and he launches this new experiment with a thoughtful commentary on the need to mainstream the higher ed thought leadership community. I’m looking forward to watching more of Ron’s videos. (P.S. If you don’t keep up with Ron’s blog, you’re missing out on some great writing.)
- 5 ways to spend your video budget wisely. If you’re like me, you read that headline and think, Video budget? What’s a video budget? Even if you don’t have much in the way of money for video, these takeaways could be helpful. They might even help you make a case for a modest budget.
- Content strategy: the miniseries. Well, actually it’s five quick videos of two content strategists talking about content strategy. MeetContent‘s Rick Allen and Georgy Cohen sat down with Margot Bloomstein and Colleen Jones for a video interview, and shared it in five short and sweet episodes.
- Video marketing in EDU, a solo Higher Ed Live video by Seth Odell. If you’ve ever wondered about the role of video in higher ed marketing, this show is for you.
- EDUMusic Blog is a newish site where musically inclined higher ed folks can show off their talents. Yet another web creation of Mike Petroff. (P.S. Mike is quite a talented musician, and was even as a rude boy back in high school, as you’ll see if you scroll to the bottom of this blog and watch the performance by his high school ska band.)