A quick Friday Five this week: A potpourri of reads — on branding, media, advertising, work and self-improvement — that caught my attention:
- Has your institution fallen into a brand trap? Read the signs.
- When was the last time you took on a new challenge? “[L]earning something hard can help expand our creativity.”
- Why advertising needs more weird: “Creative brilliance and weirdness go hand-in-hand.”
- The media bubble is worse than you think. “[J]ournalistic groupthink is a symptom, not a cause.”
- The case for being grumpy at work. Your “pessimistic outlook can lead to higher productivity, fewer mistakes, and better communication skills.” But hey, Grumpy McGrumpyson, this is Friday, so dial it back a little and enjoy the weekend, OK?