This post has absolutely nothing to do with St. Patrick’s Day. But working at Missouri S&T as I do, we are in the midst of our 110th annual celebration of St. Pat’s — and it’s the first in the history of this storied event in which a woman is portraying the venerable saint of engineers — so I feel an obligation to reference this holiday in some fashion. And if you read no further than this lead paragraph, then you should at least try your hand at our old-school snake invasion video game. You’ll thank me later for wasting your Friday.
For you more studious readers, we’re on to the relevant-to-your-interests reads:
- How to think strategically as a PR person. Six terrific tips from SpinSucks‘ Gini Dietrich.
- Branded podcasts are booming, says FastCompany. A podcast audience “tends to be affluent and educated, and really likes the shows that they click on—a whopping 85% of people who start a podcast listen to all or most of it. When listeners hit play—or better yet, subscribe—on a sponsored podcast, they are getting a lot of one-on-one time with a brand, which for a brand is a very valuable proposition.”
- Six PR trends for 2018. Keep sending those email newsletters, rely on Twitter and LinkedIn to drive traffic back to your site, and more. Via Muck Rack.
- 10 trends that will shape marketing in 2018. Via cmo.com.
- What you can do with paid media on LinkedIn. A 10-step guide from Karthik Chandramouli via Marketing and Growth Hacking.