Not to turn this into yet another tree-hugger blog, but I thought I’d share a recap of Blog Action Day 2009, which was last Thursday, Oct. 15, and the topic of which was climate change.
- Number of bloggers participating (according to the Blog Action Day 2009 blog): Around 32,000.
- Number of nations represented: 55.
- Number of continents represented: 6.
- Number of higher ed bloggers participating (unofficial)*: 2 (me and Davina Gould). Not great representation, granted. But it all starts with small steps and small actions.
Even if you skipped or forgot about Blog Action Day, you can still make a statement about climate change.
First, please watch this video from the Tck, Tck, Tck Campaign:
Now, please add your name to the I Am Ready campaign to encourage our world leaders to sign a climate commitment in Copenhagen in December.
Thanks for reading and for taking action. This is the only earth we’ve got.
* That’s just the number of higher ed bloggers I’m aware of who participated. If you participated and I didn’t include you in this list, please leave a comment and let me know.
One thought on “Blog Action Day, by the numbers (plus a great music video)”
Thanks for the shout out. Blog Action Day wasn’t on my radar until I read it on your blog. Glad to do my small part!