Happy Friday, readers! It’s been nearly four months since our last by the numbers post. That was a lot of numbers ago. So, while other people are tallying up the number of gold, silver and bronze medals won by their favorite country in the Olympics, let’s run some higher ed/marketing numbers by you.
- 21 examples of crowdsourced fundraising platforms – compiled by Andy Shaindlin on his alumnifutures blog. Andy shows us there’s much more to crowdsourced fundraising than just kickstarter. He breaks the list down into platforms for the education sector (first on his list), and everything else (business, non-profit, personal, etc.).
- 7 ways to lose your job using social media. Be careful with the party pics or jumping on Facebook right after calling in sick. Thanks, @augieray, for the find.
- 7 must-read copywriting and marketing links. Great resources, as usual, from Copyblogger.
- 5 reasons to join a niche online community, from Mashable.
- And now for the most impressive number of the week: 90-year-old pole-vaulter will make you feel lazy. Watch this video at your own risk, and then go ponder your own slackitude.
A good weekend, all!
Cover image courtesy of www.stockfreeimages.com